The handbook helps you take a structured approach to using evidence at every stage of the policy and programme development cycle. Whether you work for central or local government, or the community and voluntary sector, you'll find advice to help you:
- understand different types and sources of evidence
- know what you can learn from evidence
- appraise evidence and rate its quality
- decide how to select and use evidence to the best effect
- take into account different cultural values and knowledge systems
- be transparent about how you've considered evidence in your policy development work.
A summary also available.
This handbook is a companion to Making sense of evaluation: A handbook for everyone.